Feeding time for your baby or toddler is a constant throughout their life that requires a strong positive association for both caregiver and child.
That's why it's so important to ensure you have the best baby feeding products on hand to regularly provide nutritious food – whether breast milk, formula or solids – to encourage healthy growth and development.
Our extensive range includes bottles, breast pumps, formula, sterilisers and bibs for young babies, right through to booster seats, high chairs, sippers, cutlery and travel packs for toddlers – and everything in between.
Ultimately, whether feeding is an occasion for calm in your house, or a chance for your toddler to practice their food art, make sure that you can provide the best opportunity for your toddler to enjoy a nutritious meal and further optimise their growth and development.
Baby Feeding Solutions
Feeding is an important time in your baby’s development. Particularly for infants, feeding allows you both to bond through physical contact, facial expressions, sounds and body language.
Feeding for toddlers provides the opportunity to exercise new motor skills and to express preferences for some foods and explore new ones; whenever the family eats together, language is developed and social rituals learned.
Baby Feeding Essentials
We offer an extensive range of products, equipment and baby feeding accessories to help you at feeding time, covering all the essentials for newborns through to toddlers, including:
- Formula & food
- High chairs
- Booster seats
- Breast pumps
- and more
A few simple tips for feeding a baby
Whether you choose formula or breast milk, feeding a newborn is something you will be doing at any time of the day or night, at intervals between about one to three hours. As your baby grows he or she may take in more milk, reducing the time between feeds.
- Check the temperature of the formula using the inside of your wrist
- Hold your baby in a comfortable position, roughly at an angle of about 45 degrees. You don't have to be super-precise here...just somewhere between fully sitting up and laying down
- Avoid air getting in the milk by ensuring the teat is always full
- Do frequent burpings, generally every three to five minutes
- Choose a comfortable position with extra physical support (e.g. pillows) if needed so you are relaxed and unstressed
- Invest in a good quality breast pump - it will make your life a whole lot easier. Our experts are on hand to help you choose the right one for you
- Invest in some dedicated breastfeeding clothes such as maternity bras and PJs
- Get support from a parenting group online or attend a class to give you the skills and confidence for successful breastfeeding. More resources are available from the Australian Breastfeeding Association website.
Tips for toddlers
- Involve your toddler in the food preparation process and give them simple tasks
- Keep it varied and include foods from several food groups to encourage healthy eating habits
- Offer healthy and nutritious snacks
- Avoid sweet sugary drinks and offer plenty of water instead
- Don't be concerned about frequent refusals - this is normal as often at this stage of their development they will be more interested in playing than eating
- Feed at the same time as family meal time
Why shop at Baby Bunting?
For over 35 years, Baby Bunting has been helping parents of children from newborn to three years with the best quality baby and nursery products. It's why our family-owned business has grown to become the largest specialist retailer of its type in Australia. Buy online or visit us in-store for expert advice and the widest range of products and accessories.
Read more... less...