Terms and conditions
- The Baby Bunting Loyalty Program is operated by Baby Bunting. These terms and conditions contain the terms of operation of the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program, the use of the Baby Bunting Loyalty Card, and the benefits to be provided to Members under the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program.
- By applying to join the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended from time to time (Terms). A copy of the current version of these Terms is available at babybunting.com.au/t-c-policy.
- The Baby Bunting Loyalty Program replaces all previous loyalty programs operated by Baby Bunting. Baby Bunting may elect to treat you as a Member where you have participated in a previous loyalty program or marketing program operated by Baby Bunting. You will be taken to have agreed to these Terms if, after the date these Terms first come into effect, you transact with Baby Bunting and present a Baby Bunting Loyalty Card or otherwise agree to participate in the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program.
- Baby Bunting may, at times it considers appropriate, modify these Terms (including terms relating to Benefits) or suspend or cancel the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program. If this occurs, Baby Bunting may (but is not required to) notify you of the modification, suspension or cancellation. Without limitation, Baby Bunting reserves the right to transfer Members to another loyalty program owned or operated by Baby Bunting or one of its related bodies corporate.
Membership of the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program
- An individual can apply to join the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program by using the application process permitted by Baby Bunting from time to time (which may allow for completion of an application at different times).
- To become and continue to be a Member, an individual must be 18 years or older, have a unique and valid email address, provide an Australian mobile number and not otherwise be resident in a place where it is illegal for you to participate in the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program. To apply to become a Member, and whilst you are a Member, you must provide Baby Bunting with the information it requests (which is generally your full name, email address, postcode of your residence and a mobile telephone number).
- An individual becomes a Member on the date specified by Baby Bunting.
- An individual may only have one membership in the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program. A Member will be provided with one Baby Bunting Loyalty Card. A Member’s benefits (including the Baby Bunting Loyalty Card) are not transferrable and cannot be assigned. A Member must present their Baby Bunting Loyalty Card (or another form of identification accepted by Baby Bunting) when transacting with Baby Bunting to receive Benefits.
- If you are a Member, you may nominate one person as a secondary holder to your Member account by providing that person’s full name in store or to Customer Care. However, Baby Bunting will only communicate with the Member and not the secondary holder. A secondary holder can use Benefits available to a Member provided he or she can identify the Member’s account.
- By providing information about another person to Baby Bunting, you represent that you have their permission to give Baby Bunting the information and that you have that person’s authority to be nominated on your Member account. The Member or the secondary holder may at any time request to remove the secondary holder from the account in store or by contacting Customer Care.
- If you are a Member, you may request Baby Bunting to cancel your membership at any time by contacting Baby Bunting on 1300 422 292 or by email to [email protected] Baby Bunting will seek to action your request as soon as possible.
- A person ceases to be a Member on the date determined by Baby Bunting. If you have requested a cancellation, the cancellation will usually take effect on or around that date. Baby Bunting may also terminate or suspend a Member’s membership at any time (for example where a Member fails to comply with these Terms).
- Baby Bunting Loyalty Cards remain Baby Bunting’s property and must be returned to Baby Bunting promptly upon request by Baby Bunting.
- Baby Bunting is not responsible for stolen, lost or any unauthorised use of a Baby Bunting Loyalty Card. You must immediately report a stolen or lost card to Baby Bunting. Baby Bunting will provide a Member with a replacement Baby Bunting Loyalty Card.
- To ensure a Baby Bunting Loyalty Card is not used in an unauthorised manner, Baby Bunting may require a Member to present proof of identification to enable Baby Bunting to verify the identity of a Member or their compliance with these Terms.
Member’s personal information
- Baby Bunting is a maternity and baby goods retailer and its core purpose is to support new and expectant parents in the early years of parenthood. For a person to become a Member, they must provide personal information to Baby Bunting, which may include whether or not they are pregnant. In addition, some Benefits may relate to a Member’s child (for example, a child’s developmental milestone or birthday). Benefits of this kind cannot be provided if information about a Member’s child is not provided.
- When it operates the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program, Baby Bunting will collect information about a Member and, where provided, about a Member’s child (being the child’s due date, birth date, first name and gender).
- Benefits are determined by Baby Bunting from time to time and may include discounts, vouchers, invitations to events and entry into promotions.
- The Benefits available under the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program (from time to time) are specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
Marketing and communications
- A Member is taken to consent to Baby Bunting contacting them to provide with consumer or marketing information and notifying them of benefits, products or other special offers. A Member may opt-out of receiving marketing and other communications from Baby Bunting at any time. However, if a Member does so, they will no longer receive any information about the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program or any member benefits.
- Baby Bunting will not be liable for any communications from Baby Bunting that are misdirected, lost or not received by a Member.
- If a technical malfunction, operator fault, computer hardware or software error results in a Member not receiving some or all of a Benefit, a Member should advise Baby Bunting promptly. Baby Bunting will seek to provide that benefit but it may, where it considers appropriate, refuse to provide the Benefit if the entitlement to, or the amount of, the Benefit is not readily determinable.
- Any liability arising out of or in any way connected with a Member’s participation in the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program (including any liability for taxation) is the responsibility of that Member (and not Baby Bunting).
- Baby Bunting will not be liable for any injury or loss of any kind to a person or a Member whether by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, of Baby Bunting in connection with the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program, including injury or loss incurred while participating in any activity of the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program or Baby Bunting or in any activity which a Member is invited to participate.
- The Member acknowledges that a secondary holder can use any Benefits made available to the Member as long as they are nominated as a secondary holder on the Member’s account.
- If the terms limiting liability may not lawfully exclude that liability, then the liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A failure or delay by Baby Bunting to exercise its rights under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of any rights. If any part of these Terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, then that part will be severed and the remainder of these Terms will continue in force. These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria and the parties submit to the jurisdictions of the courts of Victoria.
The following definitions apply in these Terms:
Baby Bunting means Baby Bunting Pty Ltd (ABN 43 128 546 154).
Baby Bunting Loyalty Card means a unique loyalty card allocated to a Member or some other unique identifier.
Baby Bunting Loyalty Program means the loyalty program operated by Baby Bunting the terms of which are set out in these Terms, as may be amended from time to time.
Benefit means a benefit specified in the Schedule of Benefits, as may be amended from time to time.
Member means a person who is determined by Baby Bunting to be a member of the Baby Bunting Loyalty Program.
related body corporate has the meaning given in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
The words “include” and “including” and other similar words and expressions are to be construed without limitation.
Schedule of Benefits
Benefits available to Members when they purchase goods or services at Baby Bunting are set out below.
Currently, these Benefits are only available for purchases made at a Baby Bunting store (although, we are working on making them available online).
Members are eligible to receive the following:
- one $10 Baby Bunting voucher for each new Member (who joins after 7th December, 2020), available to be used in-store or online for a period of 30 days from the date of issue. The voucher cannot be redeemed for payment made over the phone, including layby payments.
- 5% off full priced products in Baby Bunting stores. Excluding Best Buy items, nappies, sale or clearance items, gift cards, car seat fitting services, layby service fees, equipment hire services.
- Fee-free layby purchases (a saving of $5 off the standard layby fee)
- exclusive access to Member only competitions and events.