Our Privacy Commitment
The Baby Bunting group of companies (consisting of Baby Bunting Group Limited ACN 128 533 693, Baby Bunting Pty Ltd ACN 128 546 154, and their related bodies corporate) (Baby Bunting, we or us) is committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws.
This policy outlines:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold such information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information;
- our sharing of your personal information overseas, mainly as part of our IT systems
- your right to seek access and correction of your personal information; and
- how you may contact us about privacy matters.
This policy does not apply to our current or former employees' personal information to the extent such information is directly related to their employment.
What kinds of personal information does Baby Bunting collect?
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
We collect personal information that we request from you, or that you or a third party otherwise provide to us.
The kinds of personal information we may collect include:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, email address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, marital status, family details (including details of family members linked to your VIP or loyalty membership) and identification documents;
- your financial information, such as credit card details and tax file number;
- your interests, hobbies, preferences, testimonials, opinions and shopping habits, including what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us;
- if you have applied for employment with us or seek to work with us as a contractor, your employment and education history, eligibility to work in Australia, criminal history and health information;
- photos of you and your family that you post on our website or our social media pages;
- limited health information, such as whether you or a family member is pregnant, or has recently given birth, allergies or health concerns; and
- information related to your shopping habits, and use of our online services, such as device identifiers (IP address), location data, dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered and user activity (such as links clicked).
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, unless it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, or we are otherwise permitted or required by law to retain it, we will de-identify or destroy it as soon as practical provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
Unless it is impractical to do so, or we are required or authorised by law to collect your personal information, we will allow you to deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, in some circumstances, this may not allow us to provide you with our services (such as deliveries, travel arrangements etc).
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We will usually collect personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect your personal information when:
- you register with us, for example to create an account, to become a VIP member or loyalty program member or to subscribe to one or our email or information services;
- you communicate with us, either online or when you call our Customer Contact centre, or connect to our in-store Wi-Fi network, or our Wi-Fi tracking system is able to detect your mobile device in-store;
- you enter one of our competitions or promotions;
- you provide a review or testimonial or participate in a survey;
- you become a shareholder, or apply for employment or a contract with us;
- you are, or you work for, a supplier to us; or
- you deal with us in other ways involving the need for personal information to be provided to Baby Bunting (for example, making a claim against Baby Bunting).
We may sometimes collect your personal information other than directly from you. For example, this may occur when we receive personal information from other companies who, in common with us, have a relationship with you, or, if you are applying for employment or a contract with us, from your referees.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. If you visit Baby Bunting’s websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology that is not apparent to you, including by using “cookies”.
If you access or log-in to our in-store Wi-Fi network, or we are otherwise able to track your mobile device in-store, and we already hold other information about you or the device you are using, then we may link that information with personal information we hold about you.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you, and improve on our service and product offering;
- to learn of your preferences so that we may promote goods and services to you in a way which may be of interest to you. This includes the products and services of our suppliers and other trusted partners who offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in investigating and resolving your complaints and enquiries;
- to consider your application for employment, or a contract, with us;
- to manage your shareholding with us;
- to manage our business relationship with you if you are, or work for, one of our suppliers;
- to inform you of important information regarding the safety of any products or services you have obtained from Baby Bunting or our trusted partners;
- to manage any claim you make against us;
- for any other purpose you have consented to; and
- for any other purpose required or permitted by law.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our related entities, and any potential third party acquirer of our business or assets;
- professional advisers (such as lawyers, accountants or auditors) and insurers;
- payment systems operators and financial institutions;
- third party service providers that assist us in performing our functions and activities (e.g. providers of communication (e-mail) or data storage services, IT support services, and HR administration services);
- organisations authorised by Baby Bunting to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- third parties to whom you have requested we disclose your information; and
- any other person as required or permitted by law.
When you provide your personal details, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners or affiliates, which we think may be of interest to you.
You may unsubscribe from our direct marketing communications. If you do not wish to be contacted for direct marketing purposes, please email us at [email protected].
Anonymised or aggregated data
We may anonymise and aggregate your personal information. We may use and disclose the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns. We share this anonymised data with our trusted partners to assist them in marketing products and services to you that are likely to be relevant to your interests and preferences.
Security of your personal information
We generally store your personal information in computer systems. Our computer systems are operated by us or by our services providers (for example, software or data centre providers). We have an information and security policy and information security requirements aimed at managing the risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration or disclosure of, personal information. However, you acknowledge that the security of personal information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed and that you do so at your own risk.
Does Baby Bunting share your personal information overseas?
In some circumstances, Baby Bunting may share or send your personal information to overseas recipients.
If this occurs, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient complies with all applicable laws in relation to their handling of such information.
We currently transfer information to trusted data storage and processing service providers, including data centres and email services. These services are dispersed in location and it is not practical to notify you of which country your information may be stored in. We may also transfer information to overseas suppliers where you have a product safety issue or a public liability issue arises so that the supplier can investigate and manage the issue. The country to which your information is disclosed will depend on the supplier involved.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prohibited by law from giving it to you or permitted by law not to provide it.
You will not be charged for requesting access to your information, although we might charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
You can also ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you. We will ordinarily comply with such a request. If we do not, then we will notify you of our refusal, together with reasons for the refusal and your right to complain about our refusal.
How can you contact us?
- have a query, concern or complaint about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by Baby Bunting; or
- would like to request access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you,
please contact us via email to [email protected].
write to Baby Bunting’s Privacy Contact Officer, 955 Taylors Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175.
We may ask you to provide further details about your request or complaint. Our Privacy Contact Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way.
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au.