The size and type of bag will depend on how long you're away from home. Most nappy bags are about the size of a medium to large handbag and are generally able to cover you for a picnic or social call. Day trips, however, might call for an additional or bigger bag.
Keep in mind that if you're taking a pram you'll probably have additional storage space.
- Pack at least two, ideally three changes of clothes – warm onesies are usually sufficient
- In case of cold weather, pack at least one change of jacket/beanie/socks/mittens in addition to what your newborn wears when they leave the house
- Although babies under 6 months should be kept out of direct sunlight, pack a hat just in case
- A changing mat
- A box of wipes
- Between 6 to 12 nappies (you'll know how frequently your baby needs changing)
- A bag for soiled nappies, clothing and blankets